Basic Fixture Design
170 Pages, Softcover
Published: June, 2005
This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 3 weeks.
This lavishly illustrated introduction to fixture design takes the reader from concept to building. It details the mechanics, materials used, commercially available components, design procedures, and economics.
• Uses basic terms to explain fixture design.
• Focuses on actual tooling procedures throughout.
• Provides a full understanding of the design and application of fixture tools and checking fixtures, welding fixtures and procedures, three-dimensional space in checking compound warped surfaces, measurement systems, and the simple mathematics required.
Table of Contents
• Fixtures Types and Applications
• Welding Fixtures
• Machining and Fabricating Fixtures
• Checking Fixtures
• Reading Body Panel Part Prints
• Drafting Materials and Medium
• Fixture Layout
• Standard Components and Applications
• Manufactured Components and Applications
• Fixture Construction Materials
• Fixture Design: Concept Manufacturing Processes
• The Engineering Industry Workplace
• Tooling Component Suppliers and Manufacturers
• English-Metric Conversions