AutoCAD 3D Modeling Exercise Book. Self or classroom study workbook suitable for both inch and metric units. There are 8 lessons and 4 modeling projects.
296 Pages, Softcover
Published: February, 2017
Each lesson starts with step-by-step instructions on how to create 3D solid models, followed by exercises designed for practicing the commands readers learned within that lesson. The modeling projects are designed so that users can create complex 3D models by combining many of the commands learned within the previous lessons.
Downloadable sample files are provided to accompany some of the lessons and modeling projects, so readers can follow along and customize their creations to suit their own needs.
Written by Steve Heather, bestselling author and official Beta Tester of AutoCAD software, this is an invaluable resource for the thousands of designers, architects, and manufacturers who are using AutoCAD to create their own 3D models and transfer them to a 3D printer for manufacturing and use in the real world. If you want to learn more about cutting-edge 3D design, printing, and more using AutoCAD, the AutoCAD 3D Modeling Exercise Workbook is for you.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England, UK. For the past 8 years, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk®, testing the latest AutoCAD® software. He is the co-author of the bestselling series of Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks. Previous to teaching, and for more than 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries.
Table of Contents:
● Lesson 1: Selecting a Basic 3D Tool; Creating a Solid Box, Creating a Solid Cylinder; Creating a Solid Cone; Creating a Solid Sphere; Creating a Solid Pyramid; Creating a Solid Wedge; Creating a Solid Torus; Exercises
● Lesson 2: Opening the Properties Palette; Modify Solids Using the Properties Palette; Modify Solids Using the Grips; Exercises
● Lesson 3: Setting the Solid History System Variable; Chamfer the Edge of a 3D Solid Model; Modify an Existing Chamfer; Remove an Existing Chamfer; Fillet the Edge of a 3D Solid Model; Modify an Existing Fillet; Remove an Existing Fillet; Exercises
● Lesson 4: User Coordinate System (UCS); Moving the UCS; Rotating the UCS; Using the Dynamic UCS; Exercises
● Lesson 5: Orbit Tool; Move Tool; Union Tool; Subtract Tool; Intersect Tool; Exercises
● Lesson 6: 3D Rotate Tool; 3D Mirror Tool; 3D Align Tool; Exercises
● Lesson 7: Extrude Tool; Revolve Tool; Loft Tool; Sweep Tool; Exercises
● Lesson 8: Shell Tool; Helix Tool; Exercises
● Project 1: Stackable Junk Tray
● Project 2: Ornate Balcony
● Project 3: Working Platform
● Project 4: Belt Roller Assembly
● Appendix A: 3D Printing
● Appendix B: Add a Printer/Plotter.