Thread: sub contracting minefield

Associate Engineer

sub contracting minefield

I'm just curious, when you're looking for a sub-contractor what are the most important aspects to look for? When i put two companies side by side its every hard sometimes to tell them apart. Tha language used will be almost identical, both companies will have been operating since the ice age. What do you think it is that sets apart one supplier from another?

Quote Originally Posted by oliver_gwynne View Post
    I'm just curious, when you're looking for a sub-contractor what are the most important aspects to look for? When i put two companies side by side its every hard sometimes to tell them apart. Tha language used will be almost identical, both companies will have been operating since the ice age. What do you think it is that sets apart one supplier from another?
    References...
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    I was looking to outsource some CNC milling the other day and researched online, but nearly every website is identical...how can i tell who will be more reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by oliver_gwynne View Post
    I was looking to outsource some CNC milling the other day and researched online, but nearly every website is identical...how can i tell who will be more reliable?
    Contact and ask for references... Ultimately, the website may reveal capabilities, 9001 compliance and years in business - this information can be helpful however customer contact references are most important.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    References...
    I second this, references 1000%