Related Resources: beam bending
Axial Load Capacities Single Plates Calculator
Calculator Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This calculator follows the procedures and guidelines of the AISC 9th Edition Allowable Stress (ASD) Manual (1989).
2. This calculator assumes that the axial load, tension or compression, is distributed uniformly on the plate gross cross-section.
3. The user may create "custom" tables by inputing the desired values of plate heights and plate thicknesses.
4. The user may clear contents of any input cells located within tables as desired.
5. Typical use for this calculator would be for quick analysis of capacity of beam tabs or bracing gusset plates.
6. This calculator contains “comment boxes” which contain information including explanations of input items, etc.
(Note: presence of a “comment box” is denoted by a “red triangle” in the upper right-hand corner of a cell. Merely move the mouse pointer to the desired cell to view the contents of that particular "comment box".)