Wind Loading Analysis MWFRS and Components/Cladding Calculator
Wall C&C Analysis of wall Components and Cladding
Wind Map Basic wind speed map (Figure 6-1 of ASCE 7-02 Code)
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This program assumes only enclosed or partially enclosed buildings. Open buildings are NOT considered.
2. Worksheet for Simplified analysis is applicable for low-rise buildings meeting the criteria of Section 6.4.1.
3. In the worksheet for Simplified analysis, the design MWFRS wind load is calculated for each direction.
The design MWFRS load is assumed to be the total wind load on either the width or the length of the
4. Worksheets for MWFRS (Any Ht.), Wall C&C, and Roof C&C are applicable for buildings with mean roof
heights of up to 500 feet.
5. In worksheets for MWFRS (Any Ht.), Wall C&C, and Roof C&C the user may opt to utilize user designated
"steps" in height, "z", in determining the wind pressure distribution.
6. This program uses the equations listed in the reference, “Guide to the Use of the Wind Load Provisions of
ASCE 7-02” for determining the external wind pressure coefficients, ‘GCp’, used in the Wall C&C and Roof
7. This program contains numerous “comment boxes” which contain a wide variety of information including
explanations of input or output items, equations used, data tables, etc. (Note: presence of a “comment box”
is denoted by a “red triangle” in the upper right-hand corner of a cell. Merely move the mouse pointer to the
desired cell to view the contents of that particular "comment box".)