Thread: Application Engineering Query

Associate Engineer

Application Engineering Query

Hello,

i have been given a topic in which i have to deliver a presentation:
    "The Application Engineering Bottleneck -
    What is this and what can be done about it?"

As i am not currently in this field i am unaware of what needs to be discussed,

Any advice or information is appreciated, thank you

Gee, I didn't know they used application engineers to design bottlenecks!
    I guess as long as it fits the hand and delivers the beer safely to the consumer, all's well. Right?

Associate Engineer
    i assume the bottleneck either refers to the limits on staff or that of devices produced

Yes, I'm aware of that. Just pulling your leg a little.

Actually you are going to need a LOT more detail in your request to get much help here. And you might be getting dangerously close to the homework prohibition here!

First, the term "application engineering" is nebulous. It means different things to different people and, I would assume, in different **********. For example, I don't think you can get a degree in "Application Engineering", so that implies that there isn't an established course of study for that discipline. In my experience, Application Engineering is a term many companies use for those individuals they assign to the task of assisting the company's customers to successfully use, or "apply", their product. These individuals can be mechanical engineers, or electrical, electronic, software, or not even degreed. If these individuals are having trouble getting their jobs done in a timely fashion then I guess you would have a bottleneck - for that company, in that industry, at that location.

Your inquiry is going to require some context to get any useful replies.
    Last edited by jboggs; 08-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.