Thread: Cruce de tolerancias

Associate Engineer

Cruce de tolerancias

I have an issue with tolerances

Process : Placement component (square component) 0.060 X 0.060 inches on the hole Diameter 0.097 inches

The component has a +/- 0.004 inches of tolerance (size)

The hole has +/- 0.004 inches of tolerance (size)

For placement I have +/- 0.005 inches between component center and hole center (off set)
    I have a automatic machine to place the component

The question is how the tolerance of hole and component affect the placement ?

Saludos

Ah...
    The old square peg in the round hole situation...

Hi Mariogtz and welcome to the forum.
    I suspect this is homework and the policy on this forum is not to do schoolwork for folks. But I'll suggest this... You might want to draw up the component and hole at both extremes and you might be able to better visualize the results. Take your corner to corner dimension of your square part at top tolerance... your hole dimension at bottom tolerance... and kick the square part +/- .005 off center and either mathematically or visually see if the square peg fits in the hole. Then you can do the opposite to see that effect.

Good Luck,
    Bob

Technical Fellow
    +1 on what RW says, and you may also want to look at the course notes for determining RMS values for production-fit tolerances.

Said it before, will say it again. I have never seen a homework question asked that had not already been covered in some form in the preceding course notes. No free lunches here.

Associate Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkertonD View Post
    +1 on what RW says, and you may also want to look at the course notes for determining RMS values for production-fit tolerances.

Said it before, will say it again. I have never seen a homework question asked that had not already been covered in some form in the preceding course notes. No free lunches here.
    Hi;

Sorry for the confusion; this issue is real and no homework, maybe I don understand the forum purposes.

But anyway txs for your comments

Associate Engineer
    Sorry for misunderstanding
    Imagen sample.jpg
    Can I get some tolerance bonus with tolerance of rectangle and the tolerance circle.