Thread: Kelly, hwo to display the Percent sign?

Technical Fellow

Kelly, hwo to display the Percent sign?

Hi Kelly,

I just used 50-percent in a reply, with the Percent (shift-5) sign, but the editor changed it to "50%" It is the Ampersand-code for the ASCII equivalent of the percent sign. is there any way I can use the actual Percent sign instead of writing "percent?"

Justa thought, it may be because I have javascript turned off. Guilty???

Dave
    Generally, I will not give you the answer to your question, but I *will* guide you into discovering how to solve this yourself.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Well, Shift-5 works for me... I have no idea if javascript turned off effects the display.

Why do you have javascript off 100% of time? Have you tried turning javascript on to see if the %%%%%%%%%%%%% key works?

%%%% %%%%
    % %
    % %
    %
    %
    %

% %
    % %
    % %
    % %
    %%%%%

Technical Fellow
    Oooops, just went to turn javascript on and it is already on. I use Firefox and NoScript which defaults to javascript off so unless I need it I leave it set to off for as many sites as possible.

NoScript will display all of the javascripts trying to run and it can get frightening, here's a Tech Support site. Do you really want all of those scripts running???

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dave
    Generally, I will not give you the answer to your question, but I *will* guide you into discovering how to solve this yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technical Fellow
    Maybe it was Quick Reply

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dave

Originally Posted by PinkertonD
    Oooops, just went to turn javascript on and it is already on. I use Firefox and NoScript which defaults to javascript off so unless I need it I leave it set to off for as many sites as possible.

NoScript will display all of the javascripts trying to run and it can get frightening, here's a Tech Support site. Do you really want all of those scripts running???

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dave

Dave,

There is nothing now or ever going on Engineers Edge delivered by JavaScript that should be feared... Noscript is programmed in to ones html and is there to let you know that the JavaScript did not execute

I hope you have "Safe Mode" on your browser and are running an anti-virus with website scan on...

Honestly, it is not JavaScript you need to worry about any more than php, perl, or other script languages. Cookies, to my knowledge cannot be used to hurt you…

You should worry about your pc security, fire wall, and email most....