Thread: India Student - Shall I drop two years for engineering after 12th?

Aayush.25

India Student - Shall I drop two years for engineering after 12th?

Hello.
    I'm in my first year of engineering now, after dropping a year after 12th. But I think I made a wrong choice of college. The

college is a govt. one and is in odisha. The college is yet not approved by AICTE. It was established in 2009. The

infrastructure, teaching staff and location is of very poor standard. Plus there is no technical or extra curricular club in

the college, not even a single one. It's like I'm going to some sort of school. The place also has no scope for any kind of

personal and academic development.

So I want to change my college and most importantly get rid of this place but one question is eating me up, that is if I

change my college next year then I'll suffer a two year gap. I want to know all the consequences that i may face in future?

Everything!

Plus I want to pursue MBA degree just after my college from some foreign university. And for that I need to start my

preparation from now only but there's no facility here, not even for CAT, forget about GMAT and TOEFL. It's too hard to

prepare yourself without proper guidance and competition. Also I wish to grow myself in many fields and learn English

fluency, guitar, web designing etc. In short I want a fulfilling four years of my life and wish to become a complete package

for the companies and for my better future.

I'm really confused regarding my two year gap thing. I need some serious advice keeping all the above things in mind.
    I prefer metro cities like Delhi, kolkata, Banglore or Hyderabad or from any developed state.
    Is it possible to get admission into 2nd year of engineering next year directly?
    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-28-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Technical Fellow
    Welcome, two years at your age and level of progress is nothing. Just bite the bullet, do some thorough research in the best college to attend and just do it. Choose a path to follow and follow it through with zeal. When that doctrine is complete then choose other attributes to add to your resume and skill-set.

I am surprised you signed up for a college/school that you did not investigate at all prior to signing. Engineers are careful and studious people, we have to be or structures fail and people may die.

If Engineering is to be your career then now is the time to start taking things on real values (research first) rather than just face value, hoping something is right, or just luck.

Its funny that when you are young two years seems like an eternity! But after a decade, its only two years.
    You are taking the short term view. Look at the long term. Ten years from now which option will produce the best results: a poor education you got very quickly, or a better education that took a little longer?
    It is what it is.