Thread: help me to find a good process for internal deburring in a 40ft pipe

castkarthick

Mad2 help me to find a good process for internal deburring in a 40ft pipe

Hi,
    I need to deburr in a 40ft pipe that perforated nearly 100holes/ft about 30ft. external surface deburring is easy to do but internal ID is very tough. we are using a diegrinder(straight grinder tool) with grinding wheel attached. but my boss is asking me to develop a new world class tool. i searched in many way but i couldnt find. can anybody help me in this.

Mail me to: Deleted email.

Moderator - Don't post emails on public forums or expect public forum contributors to deliver to your door step...
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 06-08-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Technical Fellow
    "Mail me" usually suggests a hit and run type request by someone who can't be bothered to check back and maybe contribute to other questions on the Forum. This is not an annex of your personal engineering knowledge-base, it is a forum to exchange ideas and help others.

I can think of several possible and simple solutions to your problem, but typically, you have not provided enough information. The diameter of holes and thickness of pipe is important as is the pipe diameter (I assume it is not 40ft diameter) and the material from which the pipe is made. Given such a shortage of pertinent information, I see your "new world class tool" never leaving the mental incubation period.

Dave
    Generally, I will not give you the answer to your question, but I *will* guide you into discovering how to solve this yourself.

castkarthick
    Actually the dia of pipe is 7", wall thickness is 12mm and hole dia is 10mm. material is L80 and 13Cr both.

Technical Fellow
    Well good for you for checking back.

Good-Forumista Reward: Try this...
    http://www.cogsdill.com/products/deburring/burraway/

Dave
    Generally, I will not give you the answer to your question, but I *will* guide you into discovering how to solve this yourself.

Android
    I know its a bit late now but these guys are quite good

http://www.noga.com/nogaProducts.php?catID=rvcn

Would have been good to know if contamination of the pipe with swarf was an option (seriously damages pumps)