Thread: Any Brits here to answer a question?

Technical Fellow

Any Brits here to answer a question?

Hi guys,

Just saw a story on the BBC about a hotel owner grabbing a 30K-Pounds Christmas Fund and doing a runner.

I did some searching to find out what a Christmas Fund is, but drawn a blank so far.

The question is, why would people give money to the pub owner? I saw people interviewed who had given between 500 and 800 Pounds to him.

How does this thing work? It would be a cold day in Hell before I would hand over cash to a pub owner that I did not get an immediate beer in return for.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 12-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkertonD View Post
    It would be a cold day in Hell before I would hand over cash to a pub owner that I did not get an immediate beer in return for.
    I'll drink to that!!

BlakAdda01
    I`m a Brit living in Spain - sad to leave dear `ol Blighty

This Christmas "fund" is all to do with people putting money into a "secure" place saving up regulary throughout
    the year so they can blow it all at Xmas.

One company that did this went bust - taking all the saavers money with it. They are supposed to offer good incentives
    with discounted prices on goods & vacations etc. if you are a member.

Never done it myself - but then i don`t trust even the dog (the dog not the wife)!!

Technical Fellow
    Ahhhh, OK. So I suppose the hotel owner would sell them gift-booze like champagne etc at a little above cost or something.

Still stand by the statement earlier, no beer, no money changes hands. I trust my dog, but only while I can see him.