Thread: volume in pipe

Associate Engineer

volume in pipe

Hi

How much volume would the following round pipes hold?

1. 1000mm x 50mm
    2. 1000mm x 76mm
    3. 1000mm x 101mm

1 fluid has a S.G 1.00
    1 fluid has a S.G 1.30

Any help appreciated

ZC7

Technical Fellow
    First, you should read out TOS for items of homework.

Then, you should study how to do this yourself. It is very basic Engineering Math.

"Associate Engineer"? I doubt it.

Associate Engineer
    first you are judgemental...what homework....i am in my late 50`s and was asked this question by a co-worker who like me does not know engineering.....so thanks for helping out someone who is not as clever as you...will i ask again....no i will in the future try elsewhere

Thanks Kelly Bramble for your help

ZC7,
    If you do happen to come back to this page, and if you browse around the forum very much you will see that we get LOTS of questions from students here. And very often they will try to hide the fact that they are really asking us to do their homework for them. In fact it is so common that it is only natural to become a little suspicious of any questions that seem, well, just a little ... too simple. Questions that any engineer should know well. Please accept my apologies.

And as usual, being the excellent moderator that he is, Kelly is the model of decorum for us all.

Technical Fellow
    JB +1

Please also accept my apologies, but seeing three items listed as though taken from a text book, always screams "homework" to me. IF you are as you say a 50-year old trying to figure this out then a single example asking for the formula to arrive at your answer would have been less homework tainted.

If you had multiple questions for the same formula, we (I at least) assumed you would take the formula and calculate as many problems as you have as the formula will not change.

Dare I risk it? It still smacks of homework to me, 50-YO or not.

Associate Engineer
    Thanks
    Unless i need help again you will not see me here again.I do not deal with engineering.That question i posted is not simple for me but to you guys it is very simple.I am sure if someone is studying engineering would that not be simple question for them.Finally PickerTonD i have no doubt your smart, your an engineer but it goes to show you still can be wrong....IT IS NOT HOMEWORK....if there is a next time how would you like me to write my question so you do not accuse me of asking homework questions....here i am having to explain myself because you BELIEVE it is a homework question.I would never have asked for help if i knew the attention it would have created.The good news-in the factory the 250m of pipe gave the volume he seaked.
    Take care and all the best
    Last edited by ZC7; 12-20-2012 at 05:32 AM.