Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Metal Sheet/Plate needed for Cider Press - Which type of metal/which thickness?

Technical Fellow
    Glad to hear it. Now you see why I say I will guide you rather than do it for you.

Too lazy, again, to check the differences in those figures, but if that's the figure you got then it is probably correct. I think Kelly was guessing Tensile Yield for the material. But that too is a guess.

Engineer

Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by PinkertonD View Post
    Glad to hear it. Now you see why I say I will guide you rather than do it for you.

Too lazy, again, to check the differences in those figures, but if that's the figure you got then it is probably correct. I think Kelly was guessing Tensile Yield for the material. But that too is a guess.
    Thanks for all your help - yes I am always happy to work these things out myself, especially when people are helping for free.

If you are ever in England you are welcome to a few bottles of cider, of course first you would have to wash the apples, pulp them, press them, ferment them and bottle them (Joking :P)

Seriously thanks for your help - I will let you know how the pressing goes

Technical Fellow
    Happy to help, just giving back ot an industry that has been very good to me.

I probably will not take you up on your kind offer.

Many years back I spent several years working in the UK. I recall going to a pub at Islington, Angle Islington, I think it was called. They had several small wooden barrels on the bar and one had a hand written sign stuck on it, "max limit 3 pints"

I scoffed at that and ordered a pint right away saying, "if I want 4 pints I will have 4 pints."

Half way through the second pint I was not feeling so good and by the end of it, with the help of my girlfriend we headed for the train station. We went back and retrieved the car the next day. No more scrumpy for me, I will stick with Theakston's Old Peculiar. Love that stuff.