Thread: Are KSB pumps UL listed

Engineer

Are KSB pumps UL listed

Are KSB pumps UL listed. Second, should I go for a split case or end suction (horizontal) for delivering 750gpm in a fire sprinkler network. Thanks

Technical Fellow
    Hasny, as per the general comments in your earlier request regarding designing a fire sprinkler system, I think you are taking a big risk with something of this complexity. The questions you are asking show you are treading on very dangerous ground relative your apparent knowledge on the subject.

Please consider getting a fire sprinkler company to design this for you. There may not be a fire for ten years or even never, but if there is and blame can be placed on the sprinkler failure, and insurance companies love to redirect blame/cause, this could financially ruin you.

Please give this some serious thought. I have only your best interests at heart an this bothers me that you are proceeding and still asking very basic questions.

I would contact KSB on their pumps, however I agree with PinkertonD from a liability point of view.

Engineer
    Dear Pinkerton,
    I fully understand the concern you have shown. Let me clarify as it seems that you have got me wrong. A lot of systems that I have designed are working perfectly. I usually do it with software(Elite). I also need to do design review sometimes and approve the materials as well. *During that stage normally we don't go into much of detailed designing and applying thumbs rule simply tells us the correctness of the design. If it appears somewhat correct, then we can review thoroughly and if does not appear correct, we just return it thereby saving our time *I have my data but just wanted to double check how other professionals in the field are doing it. Hope you understood my point.*