Thread: Name of Stamping House

Bang Head Name of Stamping House

Hi Guys,

I need the name(s) of a good reliable place for stampings. Qty is 5000 pcs...100 to start so I can evaluate.

Tried Seastrom...No Quote. I hate to do this overseas...but it's looking like it.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technical Fellow
    Hi Marky,

As I am sure you are aware, 5000 is a tiny amount for stamping, that's probably why no quote interest. For 5000 tooling cost amortization would probably make up 95-percent of the part cost. Hell, I have seen almost that many made during set up on a high-speed.

What about Laser? Water-jet? At 0.010" thick they would cut those 5000 in about 3 minutes.

You may also want to add, "Nom" or "Typ" to the thickness as your tolerance spread equals the material thickness.

Dave
    Generally, I will not give you the answer to your question, but I *will* guide you into discovering how to solve this yourself.

Small Lot Stamping Co

1540 W Elizabeth Ave
    Linden, NJ 07036
    (908) 862-4100

Give the folks at Wilson Tool a call. They manufacture punches, dies and strippers for CNC turret punches. This part would be well suited to this method of production. Wilson can direct you to a fab shop in your area that is familiar with their tooling for manufacturing.

Ron

Thanks guys....I'll give Small Lot and Wilson and call.