Thread: Job prospects after completing a HND in Mechanical Engineering

tw225

Job prospects after completing a HND in Mechanical Engineering

I am a 27 year old male considering embarking on a full-time HND in Mechanical Engineering this year. I have been working in plumbing and heating for the last 10 years and very keen on changing careers to Engineering.

Unfortunately I have no Engineering experience as yet. Could anyone please advise me what the job prospects are like following a HND with no Engineering experience. Has anyone been in a similar position?

I am very keen to do the HND but do not want to take two years out of employment if the job prospects are poor.

Many thanks

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by tw225 View Post
    I am a 27 year old male considering embarking on a full-time HND in Mechanical Engineering this year. I have been working in plumbing and heating for the last 10 years and very keen on changing careers to Engineering.

Unfortunately I have no Engineering experience as yet. Could anyone please advise me what the job prospects are like following a HND with no Engineering experience. Has anyone been in a similar position?

I am very keen to do the HND but do not want to take two years out of employment if the job prospects are poor.

Many thanks

Matthew

Welcome to EE!

"HND" = Higher National Diploma?

Are you in the UK?