Thread: HELP : box-shaped drawing problem

Associate Engineer

HELP : box-shaped drawing problem

i have met a box-shaped drawing problem.The product has a 7.5 degree on its wall to the vertical positon.
    The sheet metal applied on the drawing is 0.15mm ,steel 1.4404. The wall is 6mm high.The wrinkle occurs on the wall,quite a lot,and i cant came up with a solution to diminish them.Need sugestion and thank you.

Project Engineer
    Suggestion 1: Post a drawing or a picture showing the problem.
    Suggestion 2: English is not your first language. That is ok.
    However, have some one that understands english better help you clarify your post.

Technical Fellow
    Dale,

His/her English is quite adequate to understand this problem. He/she is referring to drawing (stretching, extruding in a die set) the metal and not an actual "Drawing," as in Draftsman Drawing.

@forhonor:
    Are you drawing from a flange, as in a top-hat shape? If so then you could try greater platten-pressure on holding the flange during the draw. It sounds like you may be pushing the metal down instead of drawing it.

Associate Engineer
    http://photo.renren.com/photo/sp/hevlMNblGRp

Thank you for help Dale and dalecyr.I have post the link of the picture.Its not very clear for my ill skill in Photography.The metal is too thin.And we cant apply a platten-pressure on it.As u see. The wall is dark and vague on this picture.But u can see the protuberance on the wall.There maybe 2 reason. First,i cant use a platten-pressure.Second,the wall has a 7.5 degree lean.This means when the punch begin to move down into the die ,the gap is larger than the situation that the wall is vertical.As the punch moving into the die.The gap becomes smoller,but the metal wrikle has already occur.The wrikle stack-up,then pressed and makes the protuberance.This sicks me.I must come up with a solution to this....Any suggestion ,thank you .
    Last edited by forhonour; 07-20-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Associate Engineer
    anyone help?

Technical Fellow
    Have you tried "delay" strips ? See attached rough sketch. The closing pressure does not need to be hard down on the metal, but forcing it to be bent and dragged up and over the strip, will increases the stretch during the forming.

It is a trial and error thing for their length, height and placement, but I have used these with great success in the past.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Associate Engineer
    Thank you DinkertonD for your idea.