Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Plug gage?

  1. #1
    Associate Engineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Plug gage?

    Does anyone know what the "flat" or "blunt" lead thread on a plug gage is called? Why is it blunt and not tapered like a normal bolt or screw?

  2. #2
    Technical Fellow Kelly_Bramble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Bold Springs, GA
    Bottoming Tap or Bottom Tap...

    These are used to cut threads close to the bottom of the tap-drilled hole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts