Thread: Two stoke engine fuel mixing

Danbayley

Two stoke engine fuel mixing

Hey, I came across this weird idea to use a mixer to fix fuels super efficiently in two stoke engines. However I wasn't aware there was such a need for this. But the guy claimed this:

Towards then end of their use in motorcycles several manufacturers, suzuki and yamaha produced systems which had separate oil pumps but they added complexity and were prone to failures. Also the oil was not too kind on the carburettor and caused 'gumming' up of the needles. A mixer (passive device that mixes two fluids) like this would mean that the oil and fuel could be kept separate before it passed through to the carb, it might mean that the percentage of oil to fuel could be reduced, reducing gumming and reducing pollution.

Is anyone aware of this being the case? If so, would a mixer like this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Danbayley View Post
    Is anyone aware of this being the case? If so, would a mixer like this help?
    No - I have owned Yamaha and Suzuki 2 stroke marine engines and found the separate oil pumps to be very reliable.