Thread: Book on inertial forces in IC engine

Book on inertial forces in IC engine

Can anyone suggest a good book to understand the inertial mass forces+mass couples in an IC engine i.e 1st order and 2nd order mass forces+mass couples.
    I still can't find a book that also includes mass balancing along with the above topic.

Thanks.

Try searching the internet for "Internal Combustion Engine Design".

It would be very much appreciated if someone could scan and send me the chapter inertia forces and moments in the book Internal combustion engine in theory and practice: combustion, fuels, materials design v. 2 2nd by Charles Fayette Taylor.

This book seems like a very easy read explaining concepts from the bottom-up.(viewed a preview on Google books).

Someone please do let me know if its possible.I'll forward my email.Thanks.

You're asking professional people to breach copyright on an open, public forum? Try either your local or university library; university is probably better for reference material.
    Last edited by Cake of Doom; 08-08-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Conspiracy theory

So, you want somebody to take personal time and money to scan a COPYRIGHT protected book (762 pages btw), and while placing themselves at financial risk of being sued by the author or publisher to simply email you the book?

Seriously?

Any other ethics and or laws you need somebody to break?

Quote Originally Posted by marellasunny View Post
    It would be very much appreciated if someone could scan and send me the chapter inertia forces and moments in the book Internal combustion engine in theory and practice: combustion, fuels, materials design v. 2 2nd by Charles Fayette Taylor.

This book seems like a very easy read explaining concepts from the bottom-up.(viewed a preview on Google books).

Someone please do let me know if its possible.I'll forward my email.Thanks.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 08-08-2013 at 07:04 AM.

One of my old lecturers used to moan at use for using calculators because, in his opinion, it made for lazy engineers. I used to laugh but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for the replies and the lesson on copyright law ethics in a open public forum. I didn't ask for the scan of the whole 762 pages Mr Bramble,I just asked for the chapter 'inertia forces and moments',about 15 pages. I have posted many questions which are in the exercises section of engineering books, and these were scanned images. Didn't know this was against the law..??Is it? What is the name of this law banning an individual from scanning a few pages and sharing it for educational purposes?(I'm curious and not being sarcastic).

Copyright by McGraw-Hill Inc states-"All rights reserved.No part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means,or stored in a data base or retrieval system,without the prior permiss.....".

Looks risky but the clauses on database and retrieval system seem vague.
    Last edited by marellasunny; 08-08-2013 at 10:26 AM.

If one of your lecturers or librarians does it for you (providing your educational establishment has been given the necessary permissions), then fine. There is no sure way to dispute that that hasn't been done for educational purposes.

As a person who just so happens to own a book, I have no such loop hole to squeeze through. I am knowingly reproducing and distributing something that is protected by international copyright law. Not only could I end up in hot water but so could this forum for allowing it to happen.

Not saying this is 100% going to end in legal trouble (people do this all the time) but the easiest way to avoid these problems are simply not to enable it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by marellasunny View Post
    Didn't know this was against the law..??Is it? What is the name of this law banning an individual from scanning a few pages and sharing it for educational purposes?(I'm curious and not being sarcastic).
    The US Copyright law does provide for compensation to those who's copyright is being infringed upon.

See: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/

Read the part about "Crimes and Criminal Procedure, U. S. Code" as, well as "Judiciary and Judicial Procedure, U. S. Code".