Thread: 120 HZ 220 delta 380 Y 30 kw alternator or genarator

120 HZ 220 delta 380 Y 30 kw alternator or genarator

I did a deep search for such alternator generator , it shall have low harmonic distortion , but did not found any .

My grid system is 220/380 50 HZ .

My first thought is to use a 4 pole generator 60 HZ , connected to a 2 pole suited motor (2800 RPM), controlled by a Variable frecuency inverter , to be rotated at 3600 RPM

I know it can or shall be a crazy idea.

Any better idea will be granted.

Thanks in advance

120 HZ? there's the rub... I did a quick search as well doesn't seem standard.

What are you doing?

Of course it not STANDARD, I had been asked for it, I'm trying to get why it too.

By the way, if there is a need, shall it be a supply.

My bread of the day, is to acomplish others requirement

When I get further info I will post.

Thanks in advance .
    Gabriel.

A common way of changing the output frequency of a generator is to change the rotation speed of the engine/generator.

So, per the following formula –

Generator Frequency (f) = Number of revolutions per minute of the engine (N) * Number of magnetic poles (P) / 120

For the above formulae, a 2-pole generator producing an output frequency of 60 Hz has an engine speed of 3,600 rpm.

To change the output frequency to 50 Hz for the same generator configuration, the engine speed needs to be reduced to 3,000 rpm.

For a 4-pole generator, an engine speed of 1,800 rpm produces output of 60 Hz.

Therefore, increasing the engine speed to 3,600 rpm yields an output of 120 Hz.

Hi Kelly , thanks for it .

It was my quote

My first thought is to use a 4 pole generator 60 HZ , connected to a 2 pole suited motor (2800 RPM), controlled by a Variable frecuency inverter , to be rotated at 3600 RPM.
    What could it happen about the ?

it shall have low harmonic distortion

low harmonic distortion
    Well, this part of your requirements is out of my knowledge path. I suspect (as do you) that "low harmonic distortion" is achieved/filtered electronically.

I would investigate add-on electronics packages that can control the performance and efficiency of the gen-set as well as the electrical output quality..

That's all I got..