Thread: Help on Heat transfer

Associate Engineer

Help on Heat transfer

Consider 800A current is flowing in a copper rectangular bar with known dimensions.Rectangular bar is placed inside a steel cube of known dimensions.The ambient temperature of air is 300K. Now How to calculate surface temperature of bar, Air temperature at different nodes in an enclosure,Inside wall temperature of enclosure and outside wall temperature of enclosure in transient conditions
    I calculated surface temperature of the bar now I need to know is how the air temperature around the bar changes when the temperature of the bar is increased.
    Last edited by phaniteja333; 09-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Even though this sounds like a homework question (read the forum policies/stickies), if you post you're workings somebody may be able to spot where you're having trouble.

If you're just asking "how do fermodynamikz?", then I'm afraid you'll have to search your college library or consult your lecturer.

Good luck.

Associate Engineer
    what does fermodynamikz means
    anyways I know how to calculate surface temperature of the bar but that is trail and error method. I just want to know other possibilities
    Last edited by phaniteja333; 09-05-2013 at 03:55 AM.