Thread: Creating Process Drawings from a customers Assembly drawing.

Farzeen

Talking Creating Process Drawings from a customers Assembly drawing.

Hey, I have recently graduated and have got a job as a graduate manufacturing engineer with a precision machining company based in the UK. By the end of my first year i am expected to be capable of creating process drawings for engine parts (Low/high/intermediate pressure vanes) without supervision. Im in my second week now and still dont know much which brings me to my question. Like anyone i dont want to dissappoint my employers and was wondering if anyone could explain the process of going from an a fully detailed assembly drawing to creating a process drawing. Any outside sources i could read upon or excercises/tutorials i could look at to help me along the way. Basically i want to know what im doing and do work outside of actual work to be able to do well at my job.

Thank you for your time.
    Farzeen Fassihi.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 09-15-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Welcome to Engineers Edge.

I believe that processes drawings tend to be organizational centric. Your organization will have a preferred document layout, software, configuration management, etc..

Moreover, process drawings layout will depend on the processes you are designing for...
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 09-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.