Thread: Datums on drawings

Senior Engineer

Datums on drawings

I have seen many drawings in my others jobs but this is the first time that I've seen drawings with the same datum but in diferent origins what I was known is that when a Datum is used this must be located only in a origin right now I have a information in a drawing that is showing th same Datum in both sides imagine that you need to built a car and the drawing to built it is showing a Datum A on fog left and right is correct?

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Dominguez Mexico View Post
    I have seen many drawings in my others jobs but this is the first time that I've seen drawings with the same datum but in diferent origins what I was known is that when a Datum is used this must be located only in a origin right now I have a information in a drawing that is showing th same Datum in both sides imagine that you need to built a car and the drawing to built it is showing a Datum A on fog left and right is correct?

thanks,
    It would be helpfull if you could post a picture of the drawing on this forum. A datum feature can be a single surface element, a collection of surface features or a feature of size.

I do need to see the exact application to give you interpretation.