Thread: lever calculation

Associate Engineer

lever calculation

Hi all
    am new in the forum and a have a project of desgning a lever for a centain machine,nw i did't know where to start.i have to calculate the effort force that will lift the weight of the rotor

Quote Originally Posted by kalipa View Post
    Hi all
    am new in the forum and a have a project of desgning a lever for a centain machine,nw i did't know where to start.i have to calculate the effort force that will lift the weight of the rotor
    Check out the following webpage on Engineers Edge Simple Lever Force Calculators

Associate Engineer
    thanks Cragyon but i have to many unknown i only have the force that is going down,then i have the distane the liver is going to be.i tred the vector diagram but i assummed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kalipa View Post
    thanks Cragyon but i have to many unknown i only have the force that is going down,then i have the distane the liver is going to be.i tred the vector diagram but i assummed everything.
    Sounds like you have enough information to me? Post a Free Body Diagram and let's have a look....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    Sounds like you have enough information to me? Post a Free Body Diagram and let's have a look....
    That's how I read it too Kelly. If you have a force and a distance, the rest should fall into place.