Thread: Help with simple (?) cfd analysis for school project

pingpong

Help with simple (?) cfd analysis for school project

First things first, sorry for my bad english

I'm currently doing a school project and I figured it's best to solve the problem with cfd. Problem is I never used it. We use Autodesk CFD 2014.

I'm wondering if it is possible to simulate flow of a liquid between to (metal) plates? The plates are not welded or anything.

2agoqxs.jpg.png

I'm keeping one side wet and I am wondering how long it takes til the other side is wet too. The fluid I use has a very low viscosity.

I would be very thankful if somebody could help me with this.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Ior
    Greetings,

I believe SolidWorks has a good flow simulator of fluids where you can enter diferents characteristics of the fluid and the materials surrounding it in order to provide a good data output. Also I know for certain you can export the file from Autodesk software without problems. As to the specifics of how this is done I imagine you may find manuals that can show you how to do it in a better way than I would.

Hope it helps and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
    First things first, sorry for my bad english

I'm currently doing a school project and I figured it's best to solve the problem with cfd. Problem is I never used it. We use Autodesk CFD 2014.

I'm wondering if it is possible to simulate flow of a liquid between to (metal) plates? The plates are not welded or anything.

2agoqxs.jpg.png

I'm keeping one side wet and I am wondering how long it takes til the other side is wet too. The fluid I use has a very low viscosity.

I would be very thankful if somebody could help me with this.