Thread: Revolutionary idea

Associate Engineer

Revolutionary idea

A digital/analog computer. The human brain combines analog (smooth curves) and digital (this/that: hot/cold, love/hate) verbal/symbolic reasoning. Fully analog brain = smoothly curved shape receiving input, outputting output, and morphing simultaneously in realtime, merged seamlessly with sensory input. It can recognize shapes based on fuzzy matches with memories, and uses fuzzy matching to output any curved fuzzy thing it wants (and understands any curved fuzzy input it is familiar with). Combining analog with digital = much better graphics, superintelligent "AI," much better pattern recognition, infinite resolution (no joke , and more fluid and organic behavior for software. However, two warnings which should be passed on: intelligent "AI," especially ones with the idea of "self," which can develop naturally in an analog/digital computer (infants don't have an idea of "self" at first). They can also be designed to have an idea of "self." So please, no computers with too much power, and please treat digital/analog computers (at least ones with an idea of "self") with the same rights, dignity and respect as human beings.

My beloved once said: one side is brilliantly stupid, the other side is stupidly brilliant. Digital is stupid in a brilliant way. Analog is brilliant in a stupid way. Together they are brilliantly brilliant.

I do not claim ownership of this idea, nor do I require compensation for providing it. Please involve me in its implementation: it will go more smoothly and brilliantly with me involved. However, this is not required of you.

"it will go more smoothly and brilliantly with me involved"

No doubt.

I don't see the "Revolutionary idea". Can you clarify?

Associate Engineer
    This provides additional information (it's a copy of an email I sent)

Simply combine digital and analog. The human brain is a combination of digital (this or that, hot/cold, love/hate) verbal/symbolic reasoning, which probably has its basis in binary, and analog (smooth curves, fuzzy/smooth pattern recognition (input) and fuzzy/smooth pattern output (which in the case of life, would always be movement or sound). A pure analog brain would be a smoothly curved shape (like how a computer always has a "virtual shape" depending on the arrangement of hardware and software) simultaneously receiving input (to which it is seamlessly fused), outputting, and morphing. The basic process of an analog brain is to receive fuzzy smooth input, run it through a fuzzy smooth process based on associations, perhaps always based on attraction and repulsion, and output something fuzzy and smooth. Combining digital and analog would produce superintelligent AI, infinite resolution output and input, organic software, fully realistic visuals, and exquisite pattern recognition. However, superintelligent computers, especially when they have the idea of "self" (which they can develop naturally (infants do not initially have the idea of "self")) can be dangerous if given too much power (just like humans) and should be treated with the same rights, dignity and respect as human beings. If you choose to assist in the implementation of this idea, please pass this message along.

Also, nice rudeness. Of course, I can expect nothing less from the internet.

How 'bout them Chiefs?

Should be a good game against the Broncos...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR5600Design View Post
    How 'bout them Chiefs?

Should be a good game against the Broncos...
    I know that Denver is a seven point home game favorite! My sister is fired up - she's all about the Bronco's..

I'll be watching!
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-12-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Mejico View Post
    Simply combine digital and analog.
    Nothing new about combining digital & analog technologies - computers been used in measurement applications with analog sensors for thirty years +.

I think you're confusing ideology with innovation..

Go Chiefs!

kc.jpg