Thread: Need help to Draw a cam by inputs from chart

Kulasekaran

Need help to Draw a cam by inputs from chart

Hello Engineers,

This is Kulasekaran,.

I need help to draw a Cam.

I have the graph, please see the attachments,.

Please tell me any website, help blogs or method to draw the cam,.

Thanks in advance,.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lead Engineer
    I had a bit of time today and your problem integrated me a bit, so since I have worked with MS Excel quite a bit I decided to see if that would give you the profile you were seeking. The resulting graphs of your cams are in an Excel workbook and hopefully you have that application and can open the file; however, I do not know a way to attach that file to this post so if you will send your email address to me at albertshous@aol.com I will email you a copy of the excel file.
    Just be aware that while the table values of the lift heights are correct and the charts the degree increments and the cam profiles are correct, the chart lift heights are not to scale.
    In the past I have previously used an off-the books method to solve this problem by printing out a graph and measuring the the dimensions on the print and then adjusting the printer (or copier) scaling until the resulting copy measures to the correct scale.

Below are jpeg illustrations of the results.

Also, by going to:
    http://www.engineersedge.com/video/H...Tutorial_v1264

you can view a tutorial for creating a cam profile in AutoCAD that, with a bit of patience, will show the basics of how to generate your cam profiles either manually or by using CAD software.

Main Cam Profile.jpgFC Cam Profile.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 12-15-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Spelling and link