Thread: Forum Software Upgrades and Patches

Wink Forum Software Upgrades and Patches

FYI,

Saturday or Sunday I am going to take the forums offline for an hour or so to install a few patches and upgrades. These patches are to fix a couple of bugs, upgrade capabilities, and security.

I will try to do it when your sleeping or eating dinner...

no-spam.jpg

Technical Fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    These patches are to fix a couple of bugs, upgrade capabilities, and security.
    The last couple of days when I click the Bookmark to come here I get a blank page. I have to refresh to see the Forum. I thought it might be Firefox but IE7 does it too. I have not tried from another computer though but will give that a try too.

Yes, ALL javascript is running. In fact IE7 is set to the "factory" defaults. I use that as a last ditch fall-back for sites that can't handle Firefox.

If you really wanted the least inconvenience me, then when I am having a beer or two would be the best time for upgrades.

Dave,

Yes, there is something strange going on with the server not delivering webpages and requiring a refresh. I've been working on that issue as well for over a week now. Did a reload of Apache and PHP and that seemed to help. I've been trimming down the Mod-security file to open things up, trimmed the htaccess rules and have had some high powered gurus looking at the issue as well.

I removed the video loads from the top of the forum to speed thing up.

The problem is that I'm not getting any error messages to lead the way. I'm beginning to think there is a switch problem at the server management company. Another thing is that the server rarely has a load average over .7 which is nothing... I may need to add more memory...?

These upgrades to the forum software is just overdue and need to get done..

In a couple of weeks I have a series of training classes I have to deliver, so I hope to get the no-loads issue fixed.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 09-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.