Thread: Valve Extension Spindle Support

ijulian

Valve Extension Spindle Support

I have an inquiry on the actuated ball valve with extension spindle. Is there any standards that I can follow to install the supports of the extension spindle? What is the standard distance between supports of the extension spindle?

From my understanding, for piping especially PVC piping, there is a guideline or standard for the distance of the pipe supports to avoid the pipes from inclined down/deformed. I believe for the case of valve extension spindle, there is a guideline or standard for it. I did find out from a supplier website that the extension spindle support brackets should be installed every two meters.

For my case, the ball valve is installed under a platform. The actuator is installed on the platform. The extension spindle length from the actuator to the valve is around 14000 mm. The size of the spindle is 32mm.

Can someone advise on this?

Thank you.

Welcome to EE!

I believe for the case of valve extension spindle, there is a guideline or standard for it. I did find out from a supplier website that the extension spindle support brackets should be installed every two meters.

I don't know if there is a national or international standard on support for the extension, however the 2 m suggestion from the supplier sounds like a good ideal to me. Moreover, I would ensure that the guides do not cause binding or other challenges when turning the extension spindle.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 01-28-2014 at 09:33 AM.