Thread: Name Sever - DNS Change

Cool Name Sever - DNS Change

OK folks, I have done a name server/DNS change on Engineers Edge. What this means to you is this site could pop in and out - just hit F5 or whatever you do to update your connection.

This changeover should speed things up as there will be one less name server hop between you and Engineers Edge.

Technical Fellow
    Hate to break yer heart Kelly, but it is still doing the blank pages thing. It just did it after replying to Bob so it is not just a Landing page thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkertonD View Post
    Hate to break yer heart Kelly, but it is still doing the blank pages thing. It just did it after replying to Bob so it is not just a Landing page thing.
    Well, it is said that a name server migration can take up to 96 hours to propagate thoughout the world. The fat lady has not sung.. I can say that the memory usage on the server is way down and I'm starting to see better latency on my end.

Also, I pushed everything to a single ipaddress.

It is looking better on my end, I think....

OK everybody, you should be seeing an overall faster Engineers Edge and Engineering Motion website. I found a fundamental configuration flaw and fixed it.

Seems I have the 32 bit version of PHPShield loaded instead of the 64 bit. This was causing threads to terminate and PHP caching to die along with it. I did cut the DNS path down by two hops as well.

Note that I did reconfigure my modsecurity back-end, so you might see some unexplained and weird errors. Please let me know when you see an error or strange and repeating load fault and report to me what happened with your ip address.

You can get your ip address here ---> http://www.engineersedge.com/ipaddress/

Technical Fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    so you might see some unexplained and weird errors.
    I get this right after I sign in, keep forgetting to mention it. It started right after the update. I am old, I forget stuff!

Invalid Redirect URL (ht*tp:*//*engineersedge.com/*engineering-forum/forum.*php*?s=*765296d6c7c5fc016025c2d3dc78e5c3&)

Invalid Redirect URL (http://engineersedge.com/engineering-forum/forum.php?) <-- without asterisks
    I put in the 7 asterisks to stop it formatting it as a URL and chopping off the end in the Post.
    Last edited by PinkertonD; 09-19-2011 at 09:21 AM.