Thread: Applying physics concepts

saxybair

Applying physics concepts

Hello. I am a freshman in college and I have taken several physics/ calculus courses. We have studied many equations of electrical circuits (Ohm's Law, relationships between voltage and the other variables in electric flow, etc.). We have even had labs that tested this knowledge. However, I am trying to get into electronics, with an end goal of being able to create really cool technology (I am creating an rc car right now, and I am clueless as to how to create the circuit board). I have spent the past two weeks in my room dissecting VCRs, modems, and a really cheap rc car. I have salvaged capacitors, resistors, transistors, along with some other items that I am not sure of yet, but I have no idea how to put them together to create something meaningful. All of the circuit boards I have seen are so complex, and I have no idea why the components are even used where they are. Is there any way to get past all of this complexity and begin to understand why there is a capacitor here and a resistor there? I know how to calculate the current and all of that but this is not relevant to me if I can't even see the application. Thank you for your help in advance!

Associate Engineer
    you could watch online youtube tutorial to build rc car from scratch or enroll in some course to learn DIY making of rc cars from PCB circuit and remote controller.