Thread: water jet impeller

butchnz

water jet impeller

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I am hoping I can get some help regarding water jet impellers. In brief I install 2 new Castoldi TD340HC water jets in my new commercial fishing boat, from new there has been vibration / cavitation issues. manufactures blame the hull and underwater appendages creating disturbed water to the jets , however upon examining the impeller it was discovered the blades were different profile, shape and thickness (3 blade impeller) from each other, along with other faults. They claim this is not important and not relevant. there is a lot more to the story than that but this will be a good start. can you tell me how critical uniform blade profile is. thanks
    Starboard impellor pitch angle.jpgport balance weight origional.jpgcavitation marks starb blade 3.jpg

I think that the vibration issue would result from the mass difference is the impeller is rotating at a high rate of speed. My best recommendation to you is that you verify the source of the vibration and if it is the pump return or exchange the pump for a different one.