Thread: Need help with project. Type of machines that should be used to produce such shape.

Dominion101

Need help with project. Type of machines that should be used to produce such shape.

Hi guys...i really need ur help ..what types of machining process should be used to produce such shapes ?

fulcrum.pngclipper handler.jpgFulcrum 2.pngupper pin and lower pin.png
    Fulcrum Handler Fulcrum Upper pin

For the fulcrum and the upper pin i think it would be easy by using the metal injection moulding process or maybe sheet-metal stamping, but the problem is that in my university theres no way I can use such machines. So i'm going to find an alternative way to produce such shapes maybe by using some much more 'simpler' machine.

I've been 'googling', searching some on youtube, refer to manufacturing books and it seems like the there are 2 types of machining process that maybe can produce such shapes. it's probably milling and lathe machine.

What is ur opinion guys ? is milling and lathe machining able to produce the shape above ? if no, is there any alternative ways to produce such shapes ?

Need ur help guys. I really had no experience in machining. Last year, we got a chance to use some machines that is used in manufacturing(lathe, milling, drilling,etc) , unfortunately we only used the machines 1 times for 1 machine. I think, one time is not enough to truly understand how the machine works. I really hope anyone can give a suggestion of how to produce such shapes. Thank you.

Regards from Malaysia,
    Jabri.

Engineer
    You likely will not be able to mill a sharp inside corner on the fulcrum pin as you have it modeled. The inside corners should be filleted to produce it by this method. Otherwise you could cut it using an EDM process.

Not sure how to produce the handler as you have it shown. The details of the bottom section are unclear.

Engineer
    The "upper and lower pin" picture I would weld tube/pipe to a bar.

Associate Engineer
    Upper and lower pin picture easy to design. I would weld the cutting pipe to a bar. I think other parts are design with the help of lathe machine.