Thread: Machine Parts requiring cleaning in Steel Mills?

Machine Parts requiring cleaning in Steel Mills?

Hello all!

I have recently started a Parts Cleaning Machine manufacturing business. Most of my clients are Automobile Manufacturers & Ancillaries.

The last couple of years have been disastrous for the automobile industry here. So I was looking to broaden my horizon and target the Steel Industry.

So I would like to ask any people here working/worked with Steel ********** that, what would be some parts in a Rolling Mill that would require cleaning? I know there are Roll Chocks & Bearings that are cleaned. So besides this, are there other parts?

Is there some literature that would help me learn about the operations & equipment in a Steel Mill?

Also, how about targeting the Cement & Power Industry?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KV

If a rolling mill moves from "normal" steel products to produce stainless steel products, everything needs cleaning down before production can begin.

You may be better targeting the smaller yards for this though, as the larger manufacturers will have dedicated machinery.

Had no idea that there could be a vertical parts cleaning business.

Assuming you bought specialized equipment (as opposed to building your own), have you contacted the equipment builder and asked about ********** they serve?

Don't tell them you your looking for new customers...