Hello,

I am new to this forum. Hopefully you will be able to help me with a decision of a slight career change.

Here are some facts about me:

- 26 years old male from Central Europe
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering (Technical Uni.) + about 2,5 years of professional experience
- Experienced Pilot / Flight Instructor (both sailplanes and one engine piston air crafts, 12 type rated models)

I was always keen on engineering - like mechanics, electronics or robotics as well as on the design which is a big part of architecture. Due to my aeronautical background, which is quite unusual for architects, I have made a decision to direct my career path into fields where I would be able to combine both skills. I am very interested in the R&D engineering projects, mostly in manned aerospace structures design.

Of course I am willing to start another studies and gain at least a Bachelors degree in another, strictly engineering field of study. Someone told me that future job as System Engineer would be the best in my situation due to my mixed current and future background. The thing is that I need to decide now which way to go. Perhaps you could help me with choosing the best option. Here is what I have for now:

1) Mechanical Engineering (with major in Aerospace Engineering)

2) Physics (technical, not theoretical)

3) Space Architecture (at University of Houston, College of Engineering, Aerospace program. In this situation I am counting for a scholarship paying all of the costs. Apparently, because of my flying background, I have some chances. The program lasts for 3 semesters and gives another Master degree. I have heard that in engineering terms it is mostly related to Systems Engineering but with design skills applied to visionary projects. It is both -designing for extreme environments on Earth and in outer space)

Please let me know what do you think about my idea, academic choices and future career possibilities. I would be very grateful for any help. Time is running fast and I need to make a decision soon.

Thank you.

Pawel