Thread: What do you think of the future of NVH engineering field?

Associate Engineer

What do you think of the future of NVH engineering field?

Wondered what you guys thought about the future of NVH engineering field and if it is a good field to be in. Is there a lot of demand for NVH engineers? Just wanted to get some opinions thanks. For those that don't know, NVH is Noise Vibration and Harshness

future of NVH engineering field

Limited...

Associate Engineer
    Why do you feel that way? I would have thought it would be expanding

I would have thought it would be expanding

Better question - why do you feel that way? Have you searched the internet for these jobs vs mechanical and electrical engineering jobs?

Associate Engineer
    Well, I have seen that the construction industry appears to be moving in this direction, as I worked at Case New Holland in Test Engineering for about a year. . One of the engineers their mentioned that our one lone guy with NVH experience could go anywhere and he felt that NVH was the future. Of course that is just one person's opinion. I also noticed that it is used in many **********, automotive, washing machines, motorcycles etc. I have noticed that their appear to be a lot of job openings for people with NVH experience at automotive manufactures and places like Deere and CAT. But I have not been in industry long enough an in depth idea of the NVH field.

I'm guessing their may be more mechanical and electrical engineering jobs out there but also more mechanical and electrical engineers than their are NVH engineers. Supply vs. Demand

Associate Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    Better question - why do you feel that way? Have you searched the internet for these jobs vs mechanical and electrical engineering jobs?[/COLOR]
    Soooooo.... Mind if I ask why you think the job opportunities in NVH will be reducing/limited?

Quote Originally Posted by 7055 View Post
    Soooooo.... Mind if I ask why you think the job opportunities in NVH will be reducing/limited?
    I've been in hundreds of companies training and consulting DFM/DFMA and GD&T in the last 14 years. In my 33 years of experience, I have never encountered an organization that had a continuous need for NVH engineering. Most organizations that I have direct experience with utilize program engineering staff to do whatever NVH engineering is required - which is usually a short task executed by a technician.

If this is what you want to do --- I wish you the best!