Hi,

I've just started studying Matlab and I realize that there's a lot of features that are available in this tool. I hope someone can guide me or give some inputs on below queries:

1. PID Simulation- In our heating/cooling process, normally our Process Engineers will do a PID tuning to control a PCW valve entering the vessel. Most of the time its a trial and error especially for new processes and took time before they can get it correctly. Is Matlab capable of performing such simulation that by entering necessary parameters we can able to determine the correct PID settings? or is there any other software available in the market to do such thing?

2. Machine Chatter- I found few articles describing when will a machine start to chatter based on depth of cut or spindle speeds and the plots (stability lobes,etc.) were done using Matlab. Unfortunately, i can't find any info on how it was programmed. I hope anyone can give me some sample code that I can study related to machine chatter. I have some idea on transfer functions but not sure how to use it in the program.

By the way, let me know if there's anyone who conducts this kind of training.. ;-).

Thanks,
Dan