Thread: Air Compressor Help

:bash: Air Compressor Help

Hi Gang....I need some advice on boosting the air volume (not pressure) coming out of my compressor. We manufacture Pressure Regulator and Volume Boosters. Our engineers are developing a Volume Booster that will have a flow capacity between 300 & 500 SCFM @ 100 PSI and exhaust 100 SCFM.

My existing compressor gives us around 50 SCFM...on a good day.

Is it feasible to hook a Vortex/Regenerative Blower to my compressor to increase flow? Any other ideas?

Also, I'm looking for a testing lab to help perform flow testing on prototype Volume Boosters.

Thanks

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marky, I wish I knew more about air compressors/blowers... The obvious suggestion is to double check input and outlet pipe/ducting sizes. Also, if there are any inline filters one may review the applications, pressure drop and flow drop accross the filter unit.

I'm not sure I understand how you would use a "Vortex/Regenerative Blower". I guess in series?

Thanks Kelly...ya I was thinking of something in series. I was just trying to run a test on a new product. I might have a local house that can test it.