Thread: anyone using ProfiCAD?

Associate Engineer

anyone using ProfiCAD?

I found some freeware and am trying to learn to use it at home before asking my employer to invest in the licensing for the full version. I work for a small company as the Electrician and Electrical Engineer. I need to draw electrical prints and schematics for all electrical systems in the plant. So far this seems adequate, but I'm curious if the limitations of the free version are really cleared up with the paid version.

Thanks

"ProfiCAD" Never heard of it... Free? I doubt it has the support you need.

Check out AutoCAD Electrical - Well known company, highly developed software, great customer support..

Associate Engineer
    Thanks, but my employer is not willing to pay for autoCAD.

Respectfully, any employer whom will not provide employees with the right tool to get the job done is not likely to endure long. Productivity tools are what make employees affordable and organizations competitive. Moreover, you being skilled with industry common software tools is in your best interest.

There is a student version of AutoCAD Electrical available for free.

Associate Engineer
    Kelly B you are very wise!! New owner, shoe string budget, and recovering from very poor management from the first 14 years of the company's existence. Yup, I grabbed the student version, but in 3 years some decisions will have to be made (by someone else )