Thread: Battery Operated Button Pressing Device With Timer

Associate Engineer

Battery Operated Button Pressing Device With Timer

Hello folks

Hope i am posting in the correct location, here is what i am after to acheive.

I am wanting to create of find a device that will be compatible and be used to press a button that is either set on a timer or presses based on times set like alarms but must be battery operated.

The device needs to be able to fit by some kind of clamp to the following image and if i set the alarms/timer to go off at certain times then the button is activated.

possibilites of using some kind of solenoid or something?

You help and advice would be appreciated if you oknow of what would be required or where ic ould find such a device.

Thanks Chris

Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    Probably should've posted this question to the Electrical & Electronics forum. What size batteries are you hoping to use? A solenoid capable of pushing the button in your picture will require some amps. A better solution would be to wire relay contacts across the button terminals then drive the relay with some sort of timer circuit.

Lead Engineer
    This unit appears to potentially be part of a door access security system so I am very suspicious about your intended application of the described device.

Associate Engineer
    Hi Captmike,

Thank you for your response, apologies for posting in the wrong forum probably most of us newbies go through this error,
    The battery option is the only solution for me as i need to move them to different points on different days.
    What kind of battery would suit this function?
    Any idea of what parts i would need or where i can source them from?

Sorry for the amount of questions

Regards

Associate Engineer
    Hi JAlberts, this was an image i managed to use as an example which i got off the internet, as i am not to sure of the official equipment names however it is very similar but has nothing to do with any security purpose. It was the only image i could think would make things a little more easier to understand where i was coming from