Hello, I have somewhat of an unusual request. I teach engineering to high school students in north Alabama. We are located at a career tech center that gets students from 7 different public schools.

We are having a career day coming up where every 8th and 9th grader from all 7 schools will come on campus to hear more about what it's like to be an engineer. I had hoped that you or a representative from your company or engineering department would be interested in saying a few words to these future engineering students.

I've set up a Google voice phone number that rings and then goes to a voice mail where you can leave a message for them. I will play the message along with your company's logo when the students come through in their small groups. This would be a great opportunity to say a few words of encouragement to the next generation of engineers, or an opportunity to tell them something you wish you would have known at their age. You could tell them what it's like at your job, or just wish them luck.

On behalf of hundreds of future engineering students, thank you in advance for taking the time to do this. The voice mailbox is limited to 3 minutes, or you could just say a few words if you like. The number is (256)856-9283. If you can, please mention Limestone County Engineering Academy in your message to let them know the message is actually for them. Have a great day!