Thread: How to divide an object with a specified number of divisions at a specified thickness

Associate Engineer

How to divide an object with a specified number of divisions at a specified thickness

What I am looking to find out is: How to slice up an object at a defined interval and thickness. So that I may use the resulting slices to make cut sheets. Those cut sheets will be used to then cut out wooden forms that will be used to fabricate speaker enclosures and used to make a frame work to
    build fiberglass and carbon fiber fuselages, or to 3D print out templates
    to cut out the wooden slices.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Associate Engineer
    Well I have found one way. I don't know if others just don't want to share the info or they just don't know. You can import an object into 123D Make. It does nothing but this exact operation.
    I know there is a way to do this in AutoCAD but can not find the information. I saw it in a video a guy that was designing and building a custom car on YouTube. He used AutoCAD to slice up the design and then print out cut sheets to make a frame work to fabricate the body over, but the video is no longer on YouTube or I just can't find it.

Any way 123D Make will do the function. I will post again once I find the function in other CAD programs.