Thread: Plain Bearing for 2 Inch Pole Question

Associate Engineer

Plain Bearing for 2 Inch Pole Question

I'm making a custom monitor articulated arm using 1.5" and 2" posts (Pipe). I don't know the mane or where to buy (US) of the in-line revolving connector (Pin and Bushings) required for vertical linkage. It resembles te type foud in lift-off metal hinges, like the bullet tpe. But essentially what I'm trying is to use the pipe sections adding only internal nylon bushing and pins with little tolerance to prevent wobbling. If you know a place to buy online in kit form, it would help me lots!. But essentialy, I need the correct connector name to find it.
    Here is an image of what I want to do. If you know any other/better arrangement, welcome!

Thx in advance

MM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why custom? By the time you design and build, and re-build, and design again, and re-build again, and break some stuff, and then buy stronger stuff, and then rebuild again, and end up with something that kinda works, you will have spent as much money and lots more time than it would take to just buy one of the many options available out there. Just sayin...

I think you might be looking for bronze or plastic bushings, also known as plane bearings. Check out McMaster.com.

Also, you need to define if you are working with pipe or tube. There is a difference, and there are many types. For example, nothing on 1-1/2 pipe is 1-1/2". I know, its weird but true. There is a reason, but it has to do with history.

Associate Engineer
    jboggs,

Thank You for your quick response.

Not all of it is custom. I have already selected the arms to buy but still, there is a part of it that needs to be built.

Plastic/nylon buhings could do. There are caster bushigs that work just fine. I need to know the correct name of this type of connection in order to look further.

o/

BTW I don't have the pipes. After I find the right bushings will sort the tubulars ;-)

You already know the name of the bushings/bearings. Are you looking for a pre-assembled unit that has two pivoted arms connected by these pins and bushings? Without buying one of these articulated arm assemblies we discussed, I'm not sure such a thing is offered.