Thread: Hello from newcomer

atko

Hello from newcomer

Hi All,

I am mechanical engineer and software engineer ... but mostly worked as software engineer last ten years ... so now I decided to start some mechanical hobby project "to stay in touch with metal just for fun and engineer passion.

I want to meet some interesting "mechanical people" on this forum and learn about differences between US and European standard, measurement units and so on ... because I am originally form Europe and thinking by default in metric system as well ... even after 4 years of my life in USA

Also I wont to pickup some information how and where to order some small prototype parts for my hobby project. Locally in Las Vegas where I am currently located or in US or rest of the world. So what is best way to provide hobby blueprints in AutoCAD and get parts?

Regards
    atko
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 09-12-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Associate Engineer
    you could find auto parts form online market place, i suggest you to have a look on craiglist and ebay, they deliver all around the world, and their prices are also very competitive.

Associate Engineer
    To buy some hobby project parts you could check out several sites which are offering brand new parts,usually they operate from US.