Thread: Rigid frame analysis

Associate Engineer

Confused Rigid frame analysis

I need assistance with below problem:
    Known are: a, h, I1, I2, q. Problem find moment at C. The beams are rigidly connected at "C"!

Apparently the right solution is:
    Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+2*h*I1/a*I2), while mine solution is Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+h*I1/a*I2).
    I have used superposition method, cut the frame at "C", add moment Mc, and equating the slopes of the vertical beam CD and loaded portion of the horizontal beam AB that is CB.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Regards
    F.
    - See more at: link removed...

I need assistance with the problem below:
    Known are: a, h, I1, I2, and q. Problem - find moment at C. The beams are rigidly connected at "C"!
    need assistance with below problem:
    Known are: a, h, I1, I2, q. Problem find moment at C. The beams are rigidly connected at "C"!
    need assistance with below problem:
    I need assistance with below problem:

Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+2*h*I1/a*I2), while mine solution is Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+h*I1/a*I2).
    I have used superposition method, cut the frame at "C", add moment Mc, and equating the slopes of the vertical beam CD and loaded portion of the horizontal beam AB that is CB.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Regards
    F.

Apparently the solution to proble, is Mc=q*a^2/12*1/(1+2*h*I1/a*I2), while mine solution is Mc=Mc=q*a^2/12*1/(1+h*I1/a*I2).
    I have obtained my result by using superposition method, cut the frame at "C", add moment Mc, and equating the slopes of the vertical beam CD and loaded portion of the beam AB that is CB.
    I wonder did I get it right? Thank you in advance.

Regards

F.
    Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+2*h*I1/a*I2), while mine solution is Mc=q*a^2/12 * 1 / (1+h*I1/a*I2). - See more at: link removed...

Removed all links as attached files directly...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 09-22-2015 at 08:39 AM.