Thread: modifying a constant pipeline to include a switch valve

toddnk

modifying a constant pipeline to include a switch valve

Hello everyone,

I am a student and have a question for a project for my university to reduce gas usage. I am wondering how to modify a pipeline which is constantly feeding methane to a flame to include a valve which would automatically close and open the pipeline with a switch. Ideally I would like to have the gas feed constantly in a small amount, as a pilot light, to release the valve and produce a small flame when the switch is pressed.

Thank you so much for your time and input,

Todd

Hi Todd and welcome to the forum,
    Eclipse part number "DZA274-QX-390" should fix you right up... Just kidding.... I made the number up.

For starters look at the entrails of a furnace. After understanding that set-up... you should be able to figure out how to alter that configuration to get where you want to be. Of course you realize that gas can explode and all that jazz... so you will need to make sure you get somebody else to try it out for you the first couple times while you stand a safe distance away. (humor) Translation... don't do anything stupid and blow sh?t up. Get a qualified person to verify or specify the components and to do the install.