Hi Everyone!

Quick background on myself - No MFG related education, self taught everything i know up till now. I am a software engineer by day and entrepreneur/tinkerer/hacker/inventor by night.

I am close to entering production for a simple LED light and controller, and this is the first time i have ever designed a product from scratch, it's been an eye opening experience how much work goes into creating a product to say the least.

My main concern right now, is that the plastic case for the lights which enclose the PCB will not fit perfectly. I have a rostock max 3d printer and have been doing test prints of the solidworks models from my engineer and using those to test fitment, but obviously a 3dprinted model is only going to be so accurate.

What are my options for next steps, to make sure my part will fit right before i get final molds made? Can i just get a sample part milled out of a big chunk of plastic? Just want to get some comfort knowing my parts will come out as expected and that i don't cut any corners before i spend the cash for molds to be made.

Thanks!

Brian