Thread: Mechanical Engineering Important Question

Associate Engineer

Angry Mechanical Engineering Important Question

Hi Guys,
    So I have this project that it’s a bit complicated to explain. Imagine that you have a square like in Figure1. There are some small parts that will be moving in this square only. These parts have to be interconnected and they have to build up and move to the top as shown in Figure 2. So there is a test that it has to be done on these small blocks and if one of them falls out there should be another block that has to move automatically and then fills in the gap as shown in Figure3 (Generally fill in the block that’s missing). I really don’t know anything about mechanical engineering so please don’t judge me. I’m an Electrical Engineer so please if you have any idea how I could design this thing that would be a life saver. Again any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your description is far too vague for us to give you much help. "small parts". How small? What kind of "parts"? Gravel? Marbles? Ball bearings? "moving" How? In what manner? By what source of power? "a test" Sorting? How does one just "fall out"? Another one moves to fill in the gap? How so? What about the "gap" that creates? I'm not judging you. I'm just saying you need to tell us a lot more about what you see in your head before we can offer any helpful advice. Take one step at a time. What are you trying to accomplish? How is this motion created and what sort of "parts: are we talking about?