Thread: Machine malfunction due to Cantilever design!

Machine malfunction due to Cantilever design!

Hello all!

This is my first post here. I work for a machine design & manufacturing firm. We also do machine repairs & refurbishing work.

We currently have taken up a project where-in an we have to solve a critical problem in an automatic part washing machine. The machine is a multi-stage concept, wherein the parts are loaded in a basket & are transferred from one stage to another by a pusher mechanism.

These baskets travel and are located in fixtures, but the orientation is in a cantilever state due to which the far end of the basket bends due to the weight. The deflection is almost 20-25mm due to which the basket, when it begins to slide ahead, hits the sliding track and gets stuck.

Please view attached sketches for knowing the general arrangement of the system.

My requirement is to somehow compensate or guide the fixture so as to avoid the deflection due to the cantilever design.

Hit me up for any more queries! Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-26-2015 at 07:35 AM.

The solution here will be in the details, and you don't really give enough. You will probably get more response if you describe your proposed solution rather than just blindly asking for ideas.